Open positions in Seattle, WA
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Account Manager
Yapta is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer, excited by the convergence of technology and travel. As part of an agile development team, you will be building the infrastructure for the FareIQ and RoomIQ price tracking optimization platforms – solutions utilized by some of the biggest travel brands in the world.
- Contribute to an Agile DevOps team, shepherding features through design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Work with Product and Client Management teams to understand and map business requirements into technical designs and implementations
- Develop unit tests to run in a continuous integration environment
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns, and status to development managers and stakeholders
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes
- 7+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience with languages and frameworks such as Python, Java, SQL, Django, and Spring MVC
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP web service design
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and deployments, AWS preferred
- Experience building scalable, performant, and reliable distributed systems
- Strong CS fundamentals including OO design, data structures, multi-threaded programming, and algorithms
- Experience integrating with Global Distribution Systems (GDS) technologies not required, but a strong plus.
How you’ll succeed on the team:
- You’re interested in travel and our customers, and understand how your code impacts the goals of the business
- You’re a great developer, but want to learn from others to continually improve
- You excel in small, focused teams where all are contributing to a common goal
- You can take loose requirements, seek out clarification, and make it happen
- You can be your own QA team, producing quality code the first time around
- You thrive and contribute to a positive work environment, where thoughts and suggestions are freely shared
- You know when to call it ‘good enough’ and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of working at Yapta:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Optional WFH Wednesdays
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Yapta’s groundbreaking solutions – FareIQ & RoomIQ – are Intelligent Price Tracking for corporate travel. FareIQ & RoomIQ dynamically monitor price variations on ticketed airfare and on booked hotel, sending instant alerts when savings are significant enough to rebook. The Yapta for Business suite of products provides Corporate Travel Managers complete visibility, history and reporting on ticketed/booked itineraries, savings opportunities, rebookings and realized savings. By doing so, Corporate Travel Managers are able to capitalize on airfare and hotel price volatility and to get more out of their existing T&E budgets and to provide enhanced service to their corporate travelers.
The Senior Account Manager will be a position of key importance as Yapta continues to grow and expand its client base. This role will be responsible for providing support to other members of the Account Management department; managing a portfolio of corporate clients; developing strategic relationships with those clients and helping to shape associated value-add services based on client size. The Senior Account Manager will also need to show period-over-period revenue growth, long-term profitability & client retention.
The ideal candidate is an independent worker who can thrive in a fast-paced technology start-up environment, where priorities may change from one day to the next. Successful candidates will also have a background in corporate travel and account management where duties included client retention, portfolio management and contributions which resulted in higher gross margin profits. Finally, successful candidates will have strong customer service & account management skills as well as data analysis skills.
- The primary responsibility of the Senior Account Manager is to optimize the realized savings the Yapta suite of products provides and to reinforce the value of the Yapta partnership.
- The Senior Account Manager will be action oriented with good attention to detail as well as the ability to focus on the big picture.
- The Senior Account Manager may be involved with the client during the sales/pre-sales process, as well as from implementation to launch and through the life of their Yapta partnership.
- They are the voice of the client, the advocate on product and service needs and must exhibit an in-depth knowledge of Yapta products and offerings.
- The Senior Account Manager must be able to develop long-term relationships, ensure high customer satisfaction and loyalty, and engage the customer in our shared objective of success
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast changing, rapidly growing start-up environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Natural customer service & support approach to work
- Working knowledge of Apollo, Sabre, and/or Amadeus GDS
- Ability to build & maintain internal and external relationships
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Superb problem solving skills and can-do attitude
- Develop client portfolio, growth plan and transaction based forecasts
- Assist in sales, pre-sales and consulting services activities
- Willingness to be flexible and work analytically, across departments, in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to interpret information gathered and develop and present (orally and in writing) sound business conclusions
- Ability to effectively manage and ensure timely delivery for client based projects
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
10+ years of experience in corporate travel with an emphasis on account management/customer-facing roles. Experience within a technology development organization a plus.
Yapta’s Product Managers are highly motivated and results-oriented individuals who can lead the delivery of new/improved global savings solutions for Yapta and our customers around the world. In this role, you will be responsible for helping to define strategy and vision for our FareIQ and RoomIQ technology and analytics. You will work closely with business stakeholders/customers, engineering teams and leadership throughout the company in a visible role that requires you to coordinate across teams, mitigate risks and balance delivery timelines with technical constraints. You will participate in product planning and engineering processes in an agile development environment. You must have a strong drive, attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and a passion for solving hard problems.
- Develop and act on our product strategy by driving new enhancements and upgrades to FareIQ and RoomIQ suite of products with a focus on analytics and reporting.
- Deliver vision and requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding business justification.
- Drive the definition of a new reporting package and shepherd it through the development process to ensure we produce and package the data that meets our customer needs and market demands.
- Partner with the sales and account managements team to understand issues and determine and prioritize appropriate solutions
- Partner with the engineering teams to ensure that our tools/processes/reports will scale as we add new GDS, currencies and languages to our products
- Partner with engineering to implement improvement efforts in current product to better scale work efforts, improve efficiency and customer experience.
- Review and provide detailed feedback on functional designs and test plans for features
- Create feature release notes and communicate feature releases to core stakeholders
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- 5+ years experience as product management pro working within a travel technology organization
- Experienced in gathering, refining, documenting and prioritizing business requirements
- Experience in software development initiatives including project planning, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status.
- Experience in managing within an Agile development process framework.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Knowledge of Sabre, Travelport or Amadeus GDS technologies, web services and APIs is essential
- Moderate SQL skills, able to query data from multiple table, working with Tableau is a plus
- Experience in online hotel/hospitality industry (PMS, yield management, revenue management) a plus