Open positions in Seattle, WA
Senior Account Manager
Yapta’s groundbreaking solutions – FareIQ & RoomIQ – are Intelligent Price Tracking for corporate travel. FareIQ & RoomIQ dynamically monitor price variations on ticketed airfare and on booked hotel, sending instant alerts when savings are significant enough to rebook. The Yapta for Business suite of products provides Corporate Travel Managers complete visibility, history and reporting on ticketed/booked itineraries, savings opportunities, rebookings and realized savings. By doing so, Corporate Travel Managers are able to capitalize on airfare and hotel price volatility and to get more out of their existing T&E budgets and to provide enhanced service to their corporate travelers.
The Senior Account Manager will be a position of key importance as Yapta continues to grow and expand its client base. This role will be responsible for providing support to other members of the Account Management department; managing a portfolio of corporate clients; developing strategic relationships with those clients and helping to shape associated value-add services based on client size. The Senior Account Manager will also need to show period-over-period revenue growth, long-term profitability & client retention.
The ideal candidate is an independent worker who can thrive in a fast-paced technology start-up environment, where priorities may change from one day to the next. Successful candidates will also have a background in corporate travel and account management where duties included client retention, portfolio management and contributions which resulted in higher gross margin profits. Finally, successful candidates will have strong customer service & account management skills as well as data analysis skills.
- The primary responsibility of the Senior Account Manager is to optimize the realized savings the Yapta suite of products provides and to reinforce the value of the Yapta partnership.
- The Senior Account Manager will be action oriented with good attention to detail as well as the ability to focus on the big picture.
- The Senior Account Manager may be involved with the client during the sales/pre-sales process, as well as from implementation to launch and through the life of their Yapta partnership. They are the voice of the client, the advocate on product and service needs and must exhibit an in-depth knowledge of Yapta products and offerings.
- The Senior Account Manager must be able to develop long-term relationships, ensure high customer satisfaction and loyalty, and engage the customer in our shared objective of success.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast changing, rapidly growing start-up environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Natural customer service & support approach to work.
- Working knowledge of Apollo, Sabre, and/or Amadeus GDS
- Ability to build & maintain internal and external relationships
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Superb problem solving skills and can-do attitude.
- Develop client portfolio, growth plan and transaction based forecasts
- Assist in sales, pre-sales and consulting services activities
- Willingness to be flexible and work analytically, across departments, in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to interpret information gathered and develop and present (orally and in writing) sound business conclusions
- Ability to effectively manage and ensure timely delivery for client based projects
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
10+ years of experience in corporate travel with an emphasis on account management/customer-facing roles. Experience within a technology development organization a plus.